My new flat screen TV!

Friday, December 8, 2006

Crazy crazy holly days!


Well this is me in the morning, well untill I have my cup of Java!! Don't mess with me, don't call me, don't ask me dumb questions, I am not in the mood for anything and definately don't ask me how I am!! Some people maybe it's a hot shower that gets them going or even a sweet kiss from there significant other, but nope not me it's CAFFEINE-and lots of it! I need it these days, I am sooo tired, lots of work to do at the holiday season. I have had the last 2 days off work, but still not done all the home stuff that needs to get done. Oh well I only work for the next 3 days then I am off for one more, till who knows when? I probably work straight through till the big day! Do I have an idea for everyone out there, it has gone over so well at 2 work places I have been at, you can change the ideas behind it if you like or keep it just as it is>>>>>>it's called a cookie/square exchange!
This is how the exchange works that I got underway at my business.....
You post a list of asking everyone if they'd like to join and ask for their names, but of course you have to tell them what they are in for first, cause they don't want to join in blind folded right??
1. You make a dozen cookies or squares for each person but yourself (of course you can for yourself if you like). Ex---if there are 8 names like at my work-you make 7 dozen.
2. You can just make it 2 half dozen so you are making 6 of one cookie and 6 of a square for each person just so it still makes a dozen either way though.
3. For each of these dozen you need to provide either a basket, plate or tin whatever you can come up with to put them into, I like a tin with a candy can ontop, I also throw in some holiday chocolates for fun.
4. We provide each person the recipe for the one or two recipes you have made so we can start our own little recipe index. We all bought the same ones at work so they are all same size, and easier to find a box.
5. We have picked 3 days in which you can bring them all in, December 18-19-or 20th. Everyone has to have them in by at least the 20th.
6. And last and most important....You don't get to take any cookies with your name on them home until you have brought your bunch in!!
some other things you might try....Putting the people's names on each plate or tin ect...also you can ask if anyone has allergies or diabetic, we just ask around. Oh yeah-if you don't want to give out your secret family recipe-DON'T MAKE IT-it's not fair to not give the recipe-people might have cravings later on and want to make their own!!
Hope someone gets around to do this this year, if not keep it in mind for next year, it is the greatest thing I have did since you spend only 1/2 a day making the stuff and if you were to make 8 dozen of different things your self--well who has time for that??? This way if you go to someone's house over the holidays you have a lovely assortment and can always make more with the recipes, also you can give some for gifts for teachers or even those hard to by uncles or school bus drivers!!!
Well that's it for today, hope you all have a great day-remember only 2 weeks and 3 days to get shopping!

2 comments:

Anna Haight said...

I'm not exactly a morning person either - loved that cat image! Hope you have a California vacation sometime soon!

Kirby said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for the comment. :o)

I am not a morning person at all!

at the river side

at the river side