My new flat screen TV!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Down to the wire!

We are so down to the wire it's not funny! I have been baking all day yesterday and this morning, I am covered in flour! I have been baking for the cookie exchange I arranged at work as well as for gift giving, for our in store christmas party and for christmas holidays wherever I go I bring cookies and squares. I am all set now, I only have 2 more squares to make and that is it! I can't wait till I am all done, but really I do enjoy baking!
I go into work today and most everyone should have brought their cookies in to exchange, because if they want their's from other people they have to have brought their's in first. I am working the next 2 nights, this is good since today I could finish the cookie deal and tomorrow morning finish the wrapping, which I have still a ton to do! I should ask to go in late tomorrow to get it all done, since it will be my last little sanity time without the kids peeking!
Well I am such a nut for christmas-one sec-last batch has to come out-brb-lol-back-hehe-miss me? Well as I was saying,......I am such a nut for christmas that I am getting so excited! I started my count down at 145 days from christmas-and yes people did ask me how many days till the big day even in September-and yes I knew every time!
I went shopping last night for more things to make earrings. Hubby bought me 500 hooks, and a few packages more of ornaments. I can't wait to sell them next year, I have some really cool ones. I have brought some to work, but saving some special ones to sell since they will be worth more money at a craft fair-makes great gifts!
Well it is about that time to get ready for work now. I have to have a shower obviously now, have to put cookies into the tins for exchange, make a couple of phone calls and off I go! As promised here is one of the recipes I did for my cookie exchange.


Barb's favorite Cookies
350 degrees for 6-8 min.roll into balls and flatten with fork
cream-1 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
add---2 eggs
and 1 tsp. baking soda
mix 1 tsp. baking powder
2 cup flour
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup coconut
1 cup rice krispies
1/2 cup chocolate chips

ENJOY BAKING=remember-my favorite tools-an apron and a timer! Oh and of course some good old fashioned christmas music to put you in the mood!

No comments:

at the river side

at the river side