My new flat screen TV!

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Well howdy everyone. So are you all like me and not nearly 1/2 ready for christmas? I am so not done. Right now I would love to rent a christmas cleaning lady-or decorator or someone just to shop, decorate, wrap, knit, clean and of course bake for me! I am up to my roof in things to do. Of course though I have time to type in here to everyone! I wouldn't leave that out of my day.

I worked a very long day today and cleaned up sooooo much things at that crazy store! We had coffee and donuts which really helped perk us all up this morning! It really gave me the little push I needed this morning to get going! Only 8 days till Christmas so I am getting pretty tired. I have tomorrow off though, but so does hubby so I plan on spending some time with him. I haven't seen him since Thursday night!

I am going to get some baking done tonight. My plan is to get the kids into bed by 8 (they had a late night last night), and get the oven warmed up for a few hours of some serious baking! I can't wait either, it has been a year since I have baked anything besides suppers. I haven't had the time at all to do any. I have to bake for the cookie exchange I started at work and also for our staff in store christmas party on Saturday. That should be fun because we are exchanging gifts that day too! Should be lots of fun!

I started my earring selling business a year early-why not! I sold 2 pairs my first day and have lots of people interested at work for some yet. I haven't set up a table at a craft fair or anything, but I will definately do that for next year!

You want to know how fast the seasons go at dollarama?? Well let me tell you-this week we are getting valentine's day stuff in to put out-how crazy is that?! I think depressing is more like it! How fast time sure does fly!

Well I leave you with the recipe for the day provided by my great friend Carrie-whom I don't see often enough and would love to see more, but really don't have time to -well let's not get started on that! I miss ya Carrie-you make me laugh, and laughing is a great thing!

Peanut Butter Cups

Mix first 5 ingredients together and shape into balls and press flat;

1 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp. margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup icing sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla


melt on stove;

1/2 cup shortening
12 oz package chocolate chips

Arrange baking cups in a muffin pan, put 1 tsp. melted chocolate in baking cup, add the pressed balls and cover with 1 tsp. chocolate.

Place in fridge until hard.

ENJOY! Tastes even better than the other peanut butter cups you know!

No comments:

at the river side

at the river side